Monday, June 4, 2018

Burning Bridges

This is what Foster School looked like for the Primary 2018.


The infamous Republican bulletin board has nothing on it. You may remember, if you have been a Lebo Citizens reader since 2011, Jim Cannon and I were not permitted to hang any signage on that board during the May Primary in 2011. How embarrassing...for Republicans. 

Last night, there was a fundraiser for Keith Rothfus and Guy Reschenthaler. How do I know this? 
Matt Kluck sent this email to a bunch of Republicans and me.

Sent: Sat, May 19, 2018 4:02 pm
Subject: Republican Committee of Mt. Lebanon-Spring into Summer Party

Dear Committee and Associates of the RCML,

It is getting close to the biggest fundraiser that the RCML will hold this
year and we need to have your support at the event. Keith Rothfus and Guy
Reschenthaler will be in attendance so we will have some great guests who
will be running for a couple of important seats that we must do everything
in our power to prevail! 

Please extend this information to your friends, neighbor, family and I
encourage you to attend. It is at a great venue and will be an outstanding
party.

Please see all the information below or give me a call with any questions
you have regarding any issue.

Warm regards,
Matt Kluck
RCML Chair


Spring Into Summer Party
June 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm $100.00
Please join the Republican Committee of Mt. Lebanon for our Spring Into
Summer party!
St. Clair Country Club, Crossroads Room
2300 Old Washington Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
Sunday, June 3, 2018, 6-9 p.m.
Heavy hors d'oeuvres, cash bar, beverages.
Elected officials invited.

Please RSVP by May 26, 2018 with the following information to:
Republican Committee of Mt. Lebanon
PO Box 14525
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
Please make checks payable to RCML
$100 per person
Name(s) ____________________________________
Email Address ________________________________
How many people will be attending_________
I am unable to attend; here is my contribution_______

I just had to reply, sent on May 20, 2018 replying to all.

Matt,

How I wish I would have gotten some communication from you back in October when you were inviting folks to the MLRC meeting. I was working so hard on my blog, lebocitizens.blogspot.com to sway voters away from Democratic candidates vying for seats on the commission, and never even got a hello on the night of the General Election to attend the very dismal after party. My eyes were opened.

I have been a Republican since 1972. I am a super voter.  I have been active in the community since 2010. I was abandoned by my party in 2011, when you all were supporting the guy with the For Sale sign in his yard and had told the press that he was moving far away from Mt. Lebanon. I supported you when you were on the Commission, Matt. I supported you when you ran for school board. In fact, I supported all but one of you on this list who ran for office, and that one was because of the ticket she ran on.

The photo below is from the May 2018 Primary at Foster School. It shows the very board I was not permitted to use in 2011 by your predecessor. It has nothing on it. That is pathetic.


If you had been reading my blog, which is the longest active blog in Mt. Lebanon, bringing the TRUTH to the community, you would know that I am now an official card carrying Democrat. That still gives me chills when I write that, since I have been a Republican for 46 years. But as one very active Democrat said to me, "I guess pigs can fly." We both laughed.

This email serves as my Dear John letter to the MLRC. Please remove me from your email list.

Elaine Gillen

Oops! I see that I was supposed to extend this information to my family, friends, and neighbors. I guess I forgot. 


No comments: