Thursday, November 29, 2018

What do you do when... UPDATED

you had a bad experience with a local business and it is virtually impossible to leave a bad review? I was taken off their mailing list, blocked on Facebook, and my reputation was smeared. Since I was blocked on Facebook, I couldn't leave a review.  I went on Yelp. I left a well thought out review (not a rant and even complimenting when credit was due) on Yelp, only to have them get it removed from Yelp. The Yelp legal department called it, "a conflict of interest," citing that I was a former employee. Sorry, Yelp, I was never an employee. 

Only rave reviews are left, some by relatives of employees.  Other positive reviews are given by sympathetic customers who listen to the sob stories.  Shouldn't the public have the right to read ALL reviews, both good and bad? We are talking about purchases that are worth thousands of dollars.

Going to the Better Business Bureau is not an option. They have been reported to the BBB through the years - not by me, but by others. 

My money is no good there. Oh yeah. They are always on the Mt. Lebanon tax lien list every year.  Even the IRS is after them. All public information and well documented. They may think that they won, but you can't keep treating your best customers like crap. It does catch up to you, sooner or later.

Update December 2, 2018 9:28 AM There is legislation which supports consumer rights and the integrity of critical feedback about products and services.

Yes, You Can Post That Negative Online Review, Says Congress


No comments: