Friday, January 25, 2019

New recycling options

I think the new recycling options suck. My street was littered with 2 liter bottles, milk cartons, and whatever else my neighbors had in their recycling cans. Through no fault of their own, the wind carried all their lightweight recyclables and trash cans everywhere. No more glass to add weight to the receptacles. Wind and the new program are not a good mix.

Here is the new pilot program as stated in this week's Administrative Report.


Personally, I can't be bothered to sort out my recyclables in four separate bins - three for Michael Brothers and one for Waste Management. I take my newspapers to the school, so that would be five bins altogether. Oh wait. I recycle my batteries at the Municipal Building and bulbs at Home Depot. What does that add up to...seven bins? No thanks. I am sorry to say this, but I am giving up on recycling glass and plastics.

No comments: