Friday, August 10, 2018

This can't be good

The Discussion Agenda for Tuesday is here.

Susan Morgans has been allotted thirty minutes to discuss the recycling changes. I have been looking at property in central Florida where the regular garbage is picked up twice a week while the recycling is picked up once a week. I asked the real estate agent what is the fee and is it single stream. She looked at me with a puzzled look and said that there is no additional fee for collection and that it is single stream. Florida doesn't have a state income tax and no local taxes, only county property taxes. The millage is quite low. Now I understand why people go there to retire.

Another agenda item is the discussion of the stormwater fee. That can only mean that there will be an increase. For now, the commission agenda states that they are considering the fee to be collected annually. Again, Florida doesn't charge for a rain tax like Lebo does. Also, there are no parking meters there. Crazy, huh?

For all the trolls out there, I am still remaining in Lebo, but I now know where I am going to move when I get the heck out of here.

No comments: