Thursday, February 24, 2011

Breaking News

For nearly a year, I have been actively involved in Concerned Citizens of Mt. Lebanon, a watchdog group aimed at monitoring the High School Renovation project and its ramifications in our community. As Lebo Citizens, our focus broadened to include both the School District and the Municipality. During this time, I have attended and recorded numerous School Board and Commission meetings, developed and maintained lebocitizens.com, started a related blog and asked many questions of our elected officials.

All of this work was done on a volunteer basis, but I recently came to the realization that I need to do more. Today, I did just that when I filed to run for the open Ward 3 seat on the Mt. Lebanon Commission. As a longtime resident and a Mt. Lebanon High School graduate, I know this community and will persevere to ensure its survival. 

You have my pledge to work as hard as an elected official, as I have as a volunteer. I hope I can count on your support and your vote.

Focused on our future,
 
Elaine Gillen 
www.elainegillenward3.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your running for office, Elaine.
You have already shown much dedication to our community.
I hope you win the election. David Huston

Anonymous said...

David,
Don't you think its somewhat deceptive (by omission) that you did not state that you are Elaine's campaign manager?

Sincerely,
Arlene Kleinbart

John Ewing said...

Cheap shot, Arlene!

I know David Houston and the man has character.

John Ewing

Matthew said...

Congratulations! I think it's great whenever a concerned citizen runs for public office. Win or lose, our democracy thrives on the open exchange of ideas and I'm appreciative of your efforts.

Anonymous said...

Elaine,

Your dedication in getting important issues to the forefront is commendable, as is your quest for transparency in the spending of public money.

We need more residents like you. Good luck in your campaign!

Carole Brown

Anonymous said...

Arlene,

You neither live nor can vote in the 3rd. Ward...what difference is it to you ? David has made public his affiliation in the candidates filings, and that is probably how you came to know...he is not required to make that known every time he makes a public statement whether in support of or in opposition to any candidate or issue.

Bill Lewis