Saturday, February 26, 2011

FAQ

If there is one good thing that came out of the High School Project fiasco, it created an awareness in local government that hasn't been there in a long time.  Residents are approaching me with questions like, "I have never taken an interest in our local government before this project and don't know the process." "What ward am I in?" Don't be embarrassed.  I didn't either.  I didn't even know who our commissioners and members of the school board were until a few years ago.  Yes, I always voted, but never really knew what ward I was in, just knew enough to go to Foster School to vote.  So for those of you who are like I was, here is a link to Mt. Lebanon's ward map.  To find your ward by street, Mt. Lebanon's website also has this Ward & District Locator.  The only way you can vote for me in the Primary election, is if you are a registered Republican and you live in Ward 3.  If you are a registered Democrat or Independent, you will be able to vote for me in November.  I have additional voter information on my website.  http://www.elainegillenward3.com/Elaine_Gillen_Ward3/Voter_information.html  While you are there, learn how to register to vote, if you haven't registered yet.  
I really should have paid more attention in my ninth grade Civics class!  Who knew?

No comments: