Monday, December 14, 2015

Was your NIMY sign stolen? Read on

Dave Brumfield once said that the police don't care if a $3.00 yard sign is stolen. Not so fast, Dave.


-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Lauth <alauth@mtlebanon.org>
To: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
Cc: Commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; stephen mclean ; Keith McGill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
Sent: Mon, Dec 14, 2015 6:14 pm
Subject: Re: my yard sign was stolen :(

Ms. Gillen,

MLPD encourages anyone who is a victim of theft to call 9-1-1 to have an officer dispatched to investigate the circumstances.

Thanks,

Aaron V. Lauth
Chief of Police
Mt Lebanon Police Department
555 Washington Road
Pittsburgh, PA  15228
(412)343-4015

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 5:17 PM, egillen476@aol.com <egillen476@aol.com> wrote:
I am getting pretty tired of receiving these types of emails. It has been constant. Deer are being slaughtered and it is still not good enough for the prokill folks. They have to steal our signs to rub it in. But we're the ones doing the "harassing." To the best of my knowledge, not one "Eat More Venison" sign was ever stolen. The same thing happened with our antiturf signs. They were stolen, but the proturf signs remained untouched. Why are there such double standards in this community? Why are our constitutional rights being challenged constantly in Mt. Lebanon?

I was told by one of the commissioners that the police don't want to hear about $3 yard signs being stolen, so don't bother reporting it to the police.

Elaine Gillen


-----Original Message-----
From:
To: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2015 4:51 pm
Subject: my yard sign was stolen :(

Hi Elaine ~
I hope you are well.
Last night, someone stole the "Not in My Yard" sign from my lawn, as well as the sign in the yard of my next door neighbor and the one in the neighbor's yard across the street. I'm out of town a few days this coming week; but I'll call you to make arrangements to pick up new ones as soon as I can. I'm not sure why it happened now, after they've been in my yard and the neighbor's yard across the street, without any problems, since you gave them to me months ago. This week I gave my next door neighbor an extra one I had from the batch you had given me and she had just put it up a few days ago.

Talk to you soon,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's harassment. plain and simple.