Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Mt. Lebanon wins UPDATED

Even after two final determinations that the PA Office of Open Records granted in my favor, Judge O'Brien ruled in Mt. Lebanon's favor. Unfortunately with no legal background, residents don't stand a chance when they appeal. You have to be a lawyer to win.


Mt. Lebanon lost on the personal security issue.















But won on the donation aspect. So call anything, no matter how small it is in value - a donation, and Mt. Lebanon can get away with anything. I absolutely hate it here. Probably the municipality is planning another dinner using taxpayers' money to celebrate and will invite all the "donors, " commissioners, Triple J, Dave Franklin, and Cori Viperman - all those who encouraged Mt. Lebanon to appeal.

This is a real blow for transparency in Mt. Lebanon. Unfortunately, it was a very expensive lesson for me.

I want to thank those of you who contributed to my fund. The rest of you, well...

Update May 24, 2016 7:39 PM As for the email in which a woman supported the deer killing, here is the judge's decision. Gillen Decision 2 I agreed to the redaction of the woman's place of employment. As respondent, I did not object to that redaction. Note to self: being reasonable gets me nowhere.

1 comment:

Lebo Citizens said...

On the plus side, neither Judge Nauhaus nor Judge O'Brien bought the harassment or personal security stories from Mt. Lebanon.
Elaine