Friday, December 1, 2017

December 2017 Behind the Bubble | Leaving Mt. Lebanon

This is Jason's final Behind the Bubble submission. Thank you for a whole year of this unique perspective of life in Mt. Lebanon, Jason. Your series was edgy, thought provoking, and always popular. I'm sad that it is coming to an end. 

December 2017 Behind the Bubble
by Jason Margolis

The genre came to me – I did not choose it.  My final BtB is a poem called

Leaving Mt. Lebanon

There is little to say,
when it’s over.
It’s
just
over.

The sparkled streets
are now strange.
The meetings of the warlocks
a distant, bad dream.

Only through small keyholes
is there light.
There are three I hold dear.
And a park.
And a teacher.
And a solitary newsroom
with a dire story few want to hear.

We are all in a bubble
but not all bubbles are the same.
Some float out, others crash down,
many just implode.

And then
it’s

over.

No comments: