Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nothing has changed.

Looking at the Blog-Lebo archives,   http://bloglebo.blogspot.com/2009/04/ultimatum-from-some-athletic-supporters.html  David Reese needs to get new material.  His letter, which he has not permitted me to reprint,  is quite similar, almost verbatim in his comments.  Mike Madison called his actions bullying on April 14, 2009. 
I see and read bullying here (in the "questionnaire"). I object to bullying by adults even more than I object to bullying by children. Our kids deserve better models.
In looking at Dave Reese's letter to me, I have done some investigating. It appears that the athletic supporters are waiting for a defined project before contributing any money. How much more defined can it be? He has a $30 million facility PURELY FOR ATHLETICS going in as part of the HS project.  How much more defined is that?

His original idea was for a fieldhouse on the Rockpile.  It would have provided all-weather indoor practice facilities for the sports teams. They had suggested that they could raise half the cost of the estimated $16 million project (for which they had already had an architect do some drawings.)  Yet, Reese denies there was ever a promise.  He said that no one knows what they are talking about and that we could meet "AND NO RECORDER", but then withdrew his offer.  I was dismissed and told to go back to my blogging and flogging.

Elaine "Blogging and Flogging" Gillen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need better role models in this community. We have a school board president who plagiarizes and a football scorekeeper who is a bully. And I am not even bringing up swim coaches or commission candidates.
Sarah Morris

Anonymous said...

Gee, Elaine, half of $16 Million is $8 Million. That is the exact number that was recalled by Director Remely.

Apparently, when Mr. Allison designed a better Field House than Mr. Reese's Rock Pile Idea, Mr. Reese and Company walked away from their $8 Million promise setting an example to others, and our children, that it is acceptable to be deceitful in Mt. Lebanon.

John Ewing

Lebo Citizens said...

Sarah, are you referring to David Reese as the football scorekeeper? I am not sure that is what he does, but I do know he is connected with youth sports in some capacity. And yes, that does make him a role model.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Elaine, I stand corrected. According to the Almanac letter, Reese identifies himself as the statistician, not the scorekeeper. I apologize if this caused any harm.
Sarah Morris