Monday, April 18, 2011

Sign...Sign...Everywhere a Sign

I just came back from a short spin around the block and replaced two of three yard signs that were taken.  I replaced the only sign (at that time) on Vermont.  The only sign that I had on Whitmore was replaced, as well.  One more sign was missing on my street, but everyone on the street knows that I am running for Commissioner.  I have been instructed to report any stolen signs to the police.  If you are displaying my sign (thank you!!!) and your sign is damaged or stolen, please report it to the police.  Please let me know, while you are at it.  Funny how other signs can stay up for months at a time, but some of mine don't even last a week. 

I have to thank the very talented graphic designer who designed my sign.  It is none other than my son, Joe.  Yea!  My tuition dollars at work!!!!  Thanks, Joey!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sign in my yard was trampled by a young female 3 days ago...I happened to be looking out the window and caught her in the act...in confronting her she apologised, said she lived on Hoodridge at an address I later found had a Linfante sign...I await a repeat performance and know where to direct the Lebo police if/when it occurs.

Bill Lewis

Anonymous said...

There has been a lot of discussions and acquisations made over the years about residents trampling or stealing other residents lawn signs.
It would be nice if each and every candidate condemn such action and remind their supporters to respect the rights and property of others.
Though I still hate mindless lawn signs altogether.
- Giffen Good

Lebo Citizens said...

I don't think it needs to be said, but for the record, I want to remind my supporters to respect the rights and property of others, including signs - political or personal - whatever the Commission decides to call them.
I may complain about certain signs, but I have never touched anyone else's sign, mindless or otherwise, nor have my supporters.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Elaine:
One would think it doesn't need to be said, but one has to wonder after reading the first comment. Teach your children well, I guess!
As to why I hate lawn signs.
Lets look at just a couple of candidates. They are school board incumbents and will proclaim they're all for austerity, excellent schools, blah blah,yadda yadda, so on and so forth.
But a lawn sign doesn't tell you anything about these candidates performance.
That from 2008 to 2011 the school districts expenditures rose from $73,000,000 to $78,000,000. Or that the cost per student rose from approximately $13,500/year to $15,000/year.
Nor does a lawn sign give you any information on student performance, SAT scores or Business Times Rankings.
Unfortunately, we know even less about new candidates.
Its sad state of affairs that vote could be cast simply based on the proliferation of 18" x 24" signs with a name on it.
- Giffen Good

Jack Mulliken said...

Well said Giffen.

Anonymous said...

Would it be inappropriate to stick little flags on the candidate signs.
They could say:
I lobbied for the overbudgeted HS projected.
Or in the case of the blindsided incumbent school directors:
"I HAVE EYES, BUT I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO SEE!"
-Giffen Good