Thursday, May 19, 2011

A class act

Jodi Weigand called me yesterday before she wrote her article, "Sibling rivalry possible on Mt. Lebanon board." [Jodi-that is not a picture of Josephine Posti!] She didn't call me because I was running for Commissioner. Instead, it was for my opinion about the results of the School Board candidates. (Moi? How did she know that I had an opinion about the school board candidates?)  I proceeded to tell her about James Cannon signs being ripped down at two polling places.  Volunteers heard Josephine Posti tell voters at Lincoln School not to vote for James Cannon because he was a relative.

"My brother and I have different points of view on certain issues," Posti said. "But no matter who is elected in November, they can expect to be treated in the same respectful, professional manner I've treated other board members whose opinions I disagree with." 

Oh, we are in for a treat.  Think "James Fraasch."  Think "Dirk Taylor." James Cannon is a class act.  He will not be bullied by anyone and will be representing residents, the will of the community, on that School Board. 


Read more: Sibling rivalry possible on Mt. Lebanon board - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_737885.html#ixzz1Mna5Hsuy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lady in the trib article picture is not Josephine Posti.
David Huston