Friday, May 13, 2011

Ward 3 Issues

As I mentioned at the Candidates Forum, I have spent the past month walking and meeting my neighbors in Ward 3.  I have compiled a list of issues that are on your minds.  Here are some of your issues. 
1. Can anything be done about the abandoned construction vehicles on Terrace?  They have been an eyesore for two years.
2.The municipal park behind Vallimont has been forgotten.  It is not maintained by the municipality and is unsafe.
3.The storm water runoff is a problem on Speakman’s Alley.
4.Speakman’s Alley is in need of repair.
5.The large hole near the sidewalk on Mt. Lebanon Blvd. has been like that for ten years.  It is dangerous.
6.My commissioner has never responded to any of my phone calls or emails.  Will you?  (YES! GUARANTEED! He wouldn't respond to me either.)
7.Isn’t your opponent moving out of town?  ( I got that comment almost every time.)
8.Cars speed in front of Rockwood Park, both on Vallevista and Rockwood Avenues. 
9.Illegal activity in Rockwood Park.  Where are the police?
10.  I am being forced out of my home because of the high school taxes.  (I can’t fix that, although I sure have tried!)
11. Kingsberry Circle needs to be repaved.
12. Speeders on Brucewood.
13. No sidewalk on island at Washington Road and Park Entrance. 
14. Sidewalk does not empty out onto Beadling.  Intersection is still dangerous for people with strollers. 
15. We should hold the commissioner’s pay until he pays his back taxes.
16. People are not curbing their dogs when walking them.
17. Allegheny County Housing Authority is not maintaining their properties.
18. Slum landlords

If there is something that should be added to this list, please email me with your concerns.  elaine@elainegillenward3.com 


Don't forget to vote on Tuesday!

No comments: