Monday, November 7, 2016

Had enough of her ineptness yet?

State Representative Dan Miller is going to love this.

Mt. Lebanon is now promoting Levi jeans.

Go to:


and click the 42nd state legislative district link.

But wait. There's more!

Bad link to the school board.
Bad link to the League of Women Voters.
And a bad link to the Allegheny County Elections Division website.

That trip to New York City sure is paying off!

Update November 8, 2016 9:42 AM The links have been corrected. I wonder how much we are paying in total salaries for IT and the Public Information Office.

From:egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
To:kmcgill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
Cc:commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; repmiller <repmiller@pahouse.net>; philip.weis <philip.weis@bipc.com>; 
Subject:Re: Tired of her ineptness yet?
Date:Tue, Nov 8, 2016 9:34 am

Keith,

I'm happy to report that all of the links have been corrected. With today being Election Day, I am relieved that your Election page is up and running. Donald Trump is getting quite a bit of press saying that the Election is rigged. At least in Mt. Lebanon, we can be proud to say that everything is working just fine here.

Elaine

-----Original Message-----
From: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
To: kmcgill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
Cc: commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; repmiller <repmiller@pahouse.net>; philip.weis <philip.weis@bipc.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 8, 2016 9:03 am
Subject: Re: Tired of her ineptness yet?

Hi Keith,

I am well aware of what causes a broken link. I also know about pasting in a web address still left on my clipboard. In fact, it happened to me. I was shopping for Levi jeans while I was working on my blog and accidentally pasted the link to my shopping page. It was pretty embarrassing. That is why I always check my links as I am writing, just to make sure they are the right links. I also test for broken links too. But what do I know? I'm not the professional. I'm just a volunteer with no professional training; a blogger who will be starting her seventh year at the end of this month. It would be so nice to have a team to help me, but I get by. 

Elaine Gillen




-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Mcgill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
To: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
Cc: Commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; Rep. Dan Miller <repmiller@pahouse.net>; Philip Weis <philip.weis@bipc.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 8, 2016 7:52 am
Subject: Re: Tired of her ineptness yet?

Good morning Elaine,
Broken links are not uncommon as I am sure you are aware. There are multiple causes as identified by a quick google search:
  • External websites that have gone offline
  • An orphaned link which points to an old page on a site that no longer exists on the server, usually caused by changes in file name or structure
  • Misspellings in the link
  • The person maintaining the website made a mistake
Information is placed on the municipal website by a number of employees. When a broken link or other issue is brought to the attention of the municipality, staff works quickly to address the issue. The majority of the content is posted and maintained by I.T. and the Public Information Office.
More importantly just because someone makes a mistake it does not make them inept, it makes them human. Ms. Morgans is well respected in her field and the municipality is fortunate to have her in her position. 
Keith

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 11:08 PM, egillen476@aol.com <egillen476@aol.com> wrote:
Oops! Three more bad links.
That trip to New York City sure is paying off.

Elaine Gillen



-----Original Message-----
From: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
To: commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; kmcgill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
Cc: repmiller <repmiller@pahouse.net>
Sent: Mon, Nov 7, 2016 10:37 pm
Subject: Tired of her ineptness yet?

State Representative Dan Miller is going to love this.

Mt. Lebanon is now promoting Levi jeans.
 
Go to:
 
 
and click the 42nd state legislative district link.

Elaine Gillen



--
Keith McGill, AICP
Municipal Manager
412-343-3684
kmcgill@mtlebanon.org 

No comments: