Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Don't talk about anything except recommendations for plumbers, dentists, or nannies on Nextdoor

My post about the firing range has been removed from Nextdoor. Here is the email I got with an explanation. But we can have Brian be an asshole and nobody seems to mind that. I am the one who is the problem. 




Elaine Gillen
Subject: Your Recent Content on Nextdoor


FEB 20, 2018  |  11:17AM PST
Roz replied:

Hi Elaine,
I’m reaching out because several of your neighbors have reported your posts about the proposed Mt. Lebanon firing range that have led to a heated discussion in your neighborhood.
At Nextdoor, we definitely encourage members to discuss issues that matter to them in a way that is constructive, civil and builds community. That said, we ask that members not use Nextdoor to air their personal views on non-local issues that are known to be highly controversial.
I understand why you’d want to share the information about this firing range with your Nextdoor community. Unfortunately this issue is causing frustration among your neighbors, we need to ask that you refrain from further posting about this topic in the main newsfeed. If you feel there is sufficient interest in this issue, please create a Group dedicated to conversations about this topic. We’ve found that this can be a great way to foster deep and constructive discussion, while still keeping the main newsfeed a positive and productive space for topics of general interest.
Please note, all messages in a Group must adhere to the Community Guidelines.
As a Lead, you set the standard for neighborly communication on Nextdoor. Moving forward, please help us to promote open, helpful, and respectful discussion by ensuring that posted content follows the Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions regarding our Guidelines, please let me know.

Best,

Roz
Nextdoor


Just got this email from Nextdoor. Tough crowd. Wow.

Hello Elaine,
A message you posted was reported and removed for violating Nextdoor's Community Guideline: Be Helpful, not Hurtful.
If you have concerns about why your content was reported or removed, do not post about it in the main newsfeed. Here’s what you can do:
Here is the message that was reported:
"Posting on Nextdoor"
Posted on Feb 20, 2018
Thank you,
The Nextdoor Team

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Elaine, I do not know Brian but if he is a white guy he will get away with anything he wants in Mt. Lebanon.

Lebo Citizens said...

I really don't feel like I belong here. On the Mt. Lebanon Pass Along site, I don't have size 2 jeans to sell or have any Sabika jewelry to sell. I never see clothing my size for sale.

Brian is a white guy and can say anything he wants. I am the one who gets shut down for posting the fake news about McGill saying there is general consensus with the school board directors to shell out $300,000 so that a handful of students can use the firing range. Then it turns into a whole thing about guns, how I am against firing ranges (even though I posted that it was a done deal) and how I should show more respect for our superintendent, who has no problem going along with lethal weapons being fired in our neighborhoods during daylight hours. Meanwhile, it is perfectly OK to trash the President of the United States. I am the one who announced the deer killing last year on Nextdoor and got trashed for that. It was just a goddam announcement since the municipality hadn't said anything at the time.

I am the only one, it seems, to be concerned with the million dollar heist.

I was told that there was no conflict of interest with the school board president working for Outreach and to move on.

I heard something today that the Mt. Lebanon Easter egg hunt last year was dreadful with moms taking eggs out of four year olds' hands and giving them to their kids. They blocked little kids from getting eggs so that their kids could get them. A mom vowed that she would never go to that event again. I grew up here and NEVER remember anything like that growing up.

People find it perfectly fine to charge over $800 a deer to be killed. Watch how much it will be this year. Bait doesn't work when it is too cold. Deer don't move around because they are conserving their energy. Bait doesn't work when it is too warm. But I am the crazy one because I am not going along with the con artist who is laughing all the way to the bank. I am the crazy one because we have almost 6,000 people per square mile here. It is perfectly OK to have lethal weapons here to kill deer seven months out of the year.

Brian can go through life and troll. He can live in an under-assessed house and won't go for a Homestead Exclusion because he is better off without one. I pay my taxes and got reassessed when I had a front porch roof added. I vote in every election. I stand up for what I believe in and get shot down every step of the way.

I am so weary and tired of all the haters, the wannabes, and the entitled. I am definitely not one of the cool kids, like Brian.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Give up Elaine. I’ve been telling you that for years. You can’t win. Save yourself the aggravation.

Anonymous said...

Elaine. The more they fight is an indication of just how powerful you really are. Hang in there. But do keep it clean when u can. -Another fighter-Mary E

Lebo Citizens said...

I am getting off of Nextdoor, and several Facebook groups, including this one. It should make people happy.
Elaine

Mt Lebanon Pennsylvania Moms Are you aware of this?

Wendy Kitman Weaver
9:24am Feb 17
Aware of which part? I’m not following what you are taking issue with. The rifle team having an indoor location to practice? The deer cull? It’s known by all that you have a huge problem with the school board and with the super and that you have your reasons, but what do the letters have anything to do with each other? Mt Lebanon has always had an indoor facility, now they have to travel like 45 min elsewhere. I’m a card carrying liberal-as-they-come pro-gun control Democrat but there is NOTHING wrong with high school’s kids having rifle practice. You make it sound literally like there will be high school kids running around shooting guns outside 30 min after little kids get out of school. That’s what you said in the blog, but that’s simply not accurate information. It’s ok to be freaking out about school shootings and still think it’s ok for high school kids to have controlled rifle practice inside a supervised facility, as they always have.

Original Post

Elaine Trigg Gillen
10:29am Feb 16
Are you aware of this?
https://lebocitizens.blogspot.com/2018/02/another-school-safety-letter-and-fake.html