Thursday, March 24, 2011

Live and learn

Just got back from going before Judge James.  I want to set the record straight.  I challenged one signor on Kristen Linfante's nomination petition (Democratic candidate for Ward 3 Commissioner) who lived in Castle Shannon.  Ms. Linfante doesn't know where the Mt. Lebanon/Castle Shannon border is.  Scary when someone who is running for Commissioner isn't clear where the municipality ends.  I challenged Kristen Linfante's nomination petition because I had serious doubt that each line was filled in by the signor.  The rules are as such:  "Each person who signs a nomination petition must insert the following information about him or herself:
1. Signature;
2. Printed name;
3. Address of residence, including street and number, if any;
4. Their municipality; and
5. The date on which he or she signed the nomination petition."

I questioned, not the signatures as Rob Gardner and Kristen Linfante announced on other blogs, but the rest of the information that was inserted on most lines.  Here is the link to the docket.  Case ID GD 11 004872 Decide for yourself.  We will never know because I "did not have standing."  That means that since I am a Republican, I cannot challenge a Democrat.  Who knew?  I did learn something that is definitely worth the $78 I spent to file the objection.  Joe DeIuliis, Republican Commissioner of Ward 3, who was just endorsed by the Republican Committee for the May Primary, has a For Sale sign in his front yard, his family has been quoted in the media that they want to move far away, was also at this hearing and was smiling when I found out that the judge had to deny the challenge.  Pretty interesting, huh?

No comments: