Monday, March 28, 2011

Martha says...

Yes, I admit it.  I am on Martha Stewart's mailing list.  Today's email had a list of 101 ways to get started going green.  Martha suggests getting a library card.  I suggest donating your savings to Mt. Lebanon Public Library.  Martha says to reclaim wood furniture.  I say to go out in your neighborhood on trash night and see all the goodies that can be recycled.  Martha says to vote for change.  I say, "Absolutely!"
Read 98 other ways to get started here.  101 Ways to Get Started Going Green

Update 3/29/11 I understand there is an ordinance against garbage picking.  I don't recommend driving through neighborhoods with a dump truck. We have lots of fun on our street when we are getting ready to put out our garbage. The neighbors will make an announcement and ask if there is any interest in such and such, before it goes to the curb.  It is an opportunity to get together with friends while going green. 

No comments: