Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Green light for feasibility study

Molly Born, from the PG, writes this morning about last night's unanimous vote to proceed with the feasibility study with Pursuant Ketchum. Mt. Lebanon district to get fundraising study for new high school
Travel expenses were estimated at $3000.  The board discussed capping the travel expenses at $5000. I watched the meeting this morning and thought I heard at one point that the donor, "a community partner,"was going to donate 25% of the study fee, and at a different point in the meeting, the donation was going to be $10,000. Whatever the total donation amounts to, thank you for stepping forward.
As Scott Goldman said at the meeting, "Be careful what you wish for." I bet that comes from experience, right, Scott?  Did you ever think you would be knocking on doors asking for money when you decided to run for director? That is one of the reasons I decided to run for commissioner instead of school board director.  I could not support the project.  Although I would consider a donation if Josephine Posti would resign.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a "no solicitation" sign?
Maddie Miller

Lebo Citizens said...

Maddie, if you are asking seriously, the one on my door came from the Mt. Lebanon Police.
Elaine

Samuel Adams said...

How much are the school board members donating? Or would I have to file a RTK? This is like watching a bunch of teenagers on the yearbook committee. "Like, we are totally doing, like, an ocean theme this year. Seriously, guys."
"But Jo, how will we pay for it? The car wash only raise like a grand!"
"Come on, Ed, stop being such a baby. We are the yearbook committee. We totally, like, run this school and we can do whatever we want."
"So how are we gonna get 30 million bucks, Jo?"
"Oh My God! Stop whining, Dale! Let's all, like, um, ask our parents and stuff. If they can all afford a Lexus and, like, their big houses, they can pay for the yearbook."
"Um, Jo, we're talking about a new school, not a yearbook."
"Scott, you're totally mean and stuff. We're talking about memories, you guys! Come on! We can, like, sell t-shirts and have a dance to raise money, and I'll dress like I did in 1985. It'll be awesome."
"Jo, I know Scott totally walked on your dream but, like, the boys are kinda right. That's a lot of money."
"Elaine, you listen. In fact, you all listen. I'm the president, ok? That means if I say something, you all have to, like, do it. Ok? That's how it works. And if I say we can raise 30 million bucks with an 80s dance, then we will, ok? Like, come on, stop being so, like, adult and negative and stuff."