Friday, September 27, 2013

While we're waiting...

I sent a second email to Elaine Cappucci asking where the superintendent's contract will be posted on the MTLSD website yesterday and have not received a reply. Per her email sent to me on Monday, This just in UPDATED, the contract was going to be posted this week. Likewise, the Superintendent Goals for the new school year have yet to be seen. I don't understand why things take so long with the school district. The Board meeting reports from the President and the Superintendent stop in August. Meanwhile, the Municipality seems to have a less than 24 hour turnaround time.

While we're waiting, a Lebo Citizens reader sent me a local government management guide published by the New York State Comptroller's Office, Local Government and School Accountability Division,
Financial Condition Analysis.

Another Lebo Citizens reader sent me this information, which is disappointing.

You may remember all the hype about the property tax relief homeowners were going to get from legalized gambling in Pennsylvania.  Well, here are the actual dollars saved per each home in Mt. Lebanon after the politicians finished carving out their slice of the pie for their department in Harrisburg. These are the folks the school board keeps begging for money.


Year
Dollars Saved

2008-2009
$194 
 
2009-2010 
$192 

2010-2011 
$188 

2011-2012 
$185 

2012-2013 
$184 

2013-2014 
$183 

 The $1,000,000 home and the $100,000 home each receive the same dollar amount. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

More from the Report above,

Allegheny Co. Property Tax Relief $377,001,000

Total Gaming Funds $698,088,000

Penguins Arena $37,500,000



Upper Saint Clair Police $89,000

Scott Twp. Police $69,000

South Fayette Police $69,000

Mt. Lebanon Police

Anonymous said...

The Penguins got $37,500,000 of our Property Tax Relief. WHY?

Anonymous said...

Did you find the Super's contract ? I don't see it, Elaine.

Anonymous said...

http://www.mtlsd.org/district/stuff/steinhauercontract.pdf

Lebo Citizens said...

10:01 PM, are you asking me or Elaine Cappucci? I have been all over the district website. When Elaine Cappucci said at the end of the week, I assumed it was the work week. But you know what they say when you assume.
Has anyone found Timmy's contract?
Elaine

Lebo Citizens said...

$175,000 and the same ridiculous goals.
Good night.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Birks and Remely (the two directors currently up for reelection) are awfully generous with our hard earned money.
Perhaps they'll bestow on us their reasons for the generous raises!

Lebo Citizens said...

OK, I lied. I didn't go to sleep. That is a 6.9% increase. From $163,776 to $175,000 is 6.85%. I wonder what the student parking fee will be for next year.
In my next life, I want to come back as a Mt. Lebanon superintendent. Pizza, photo ops and no more than 140 character Twitter Tweets.
Elaine

Anonymous said...


Dr. Steinhauer's raise is larger than the teachers raise of 4.54%. That helps solve the salary compression issue. I wonder why the board didn't state the salary at the meeting.

P. S. I would rather eat lamb shank than pizza which reminds me there is a Holy Cross Food Festival coming to a church in Mt. Lebanon :>)

Lebo Citizens said...

Thank you, 1:02 AM. Yes, the Holy Cross Fall Food Fair is Oct. 2-4. Rhis is when the Greek ladies make the chicken rolls wrapped in filo. My favorite!

Didn't I say Good Night at 10:42 PM? Why can't I sleep?
Elaine