Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Steve Feller's Retirement Announcement

From: Stephen Feller [mailto:sfeller@mtlebanon.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:14 AM
To: All Employees
Subject: transition

To All Employees:
 I have informed the Mt. Lebanon Commission that I will be retiring from the Municipality.  My last day of work will be October 15, 2015.  I have taken a new position as Trust Administrator and Chief Administrative Officer of Municipal Risk Management Inc., a non-profit self-insurance pool that provides workers compensation and property and casualty insurance for local governments across Pennsylvania. 
 While I am very much looking forward to this new professional challenge, I am leaving Mt. Lebanon with mixed emotions.  I am so incredibly proud of all the great things you have done, and it has been my honor to be a part of this team the past fourteen years.  I admire the hard work you perform every day and will very much miss working with you. 
 I am committed to insuring a smooth transition for Mt. Lebanon, and I know that you will join me in this effort.  Thanks so much for your dedication and friendship.
 Steve Feller 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine for Township Manager!!!!

--Tom the Tinker

Anonymous said...

The question now is why was his most likely replacement, the Nebraska intern, hand picked in a cloud of secrecy.

Anonymous said...

12:48, assuming you are referring to John Stinner, why do you feel he is the most likely replacement? I don't know much about him except for his work as some sort of part-time management analyst.

Nick M.

Anonymous said...

Nick --it's mostly a hunch.

Anonymous said...

Is the intern somehow related to this guy?
http://www.voteforjohnstinner.com/

Anonymous said...

Yes. That's his dad from what I know.

Anonymous said...

4:15 your hunch may be correct because the mention of a "smooth transition" was in Mr. Feller's letter which sounds to me like they have someone in mind and I'm sure you wouldn't want to go too long (if at all) without a manager. If it isn't John Stinner I wonder who else would be in position for the job?

Nick M.

Anonymous said...

Keith McGill?

Anonymous said...

DARBY O'GILL?

Anonymous said...

Keith didn't want to head public works due to "family reasons".

Anonymous said...

Elaine, you do such a good job of holding specific individuals feet to the fire. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Feller's retirement is some the only good news to come out this town. My experience is that he is a master of obfuscation and possessed not an ounce of true management ability. Managing a town is about providing vision and leadership. It includes reigning folks in when their wishlists become detrimental to the community's fabric. Feller possessed none of these.
My only hope is that search is indeed nationwide and that Mt Lebanon finds someone that can lead and will see through the laziness and plotting that it seems is rampant among this town (which ranges from poorly-construct deer incidence database and idiotic newcomer's tax program design to complete lack of realistic economic study for turf. With true leadership, everyone of those efforts becomes a true benefit to the community and not the twisted special interest garbage it became.
Good luck but I won't hold my breath.