Friday, January 5, 2018

Can you get away with this in your District? UPDATED 010818

Lebo Citizens isn't "Just" for Mt. Lebanon residents. Over the seven plus years of this blog, I have a following of readers from neighboring communities. Especially interested are those from surrounding school districts. This post is for you. Thanks for reading Lebo Citizens.

For several years, I have been emailing our superintendent and school board directors about being blocked from following and/or viewing the superintendent's Twitter account.














Tucker Arensberg's Tom Peterson is our solicitor. He was emailed concerning this issue. Over the years that I have been emailing the school board about this, we have had three attorneys sitting on the school board. They all understand the ramifications of the superintendent's actions blocking a taxpayer from a District Twitter account. Here is the latest email sent to the superintendent with copies to the school board.

You may wonder why I am able to have his Twitter feed in the right sidebar. I was able to embed the HTML code of his Twitter feed onto my blog so that everyone has access to it. I was also able to follow his Twitter account as @notElaineGillen. Pathetic, isn't it?

As you can see, his Tweets and Retweets are also pathetic. They are not the caliber that you would expect from the highest paid superintendent in the Pittsburgh area. He will also get a SIX PERCENT increase on July 1, 2018.

So why am I so concerned about being blocked? It is the principle of the thing. I am a Mt. Lebanon resident and taxpayer. Recently, I brought this up on a local Facebook group, which resulted in an hour long attack by a PTA officer, which was liked by yet another attorney! Being readers of this blog, you know the ending of that story. Ultimately, I was kicked out of that group.

I am asking you if you can get away with this behavior in your school districts? Would your school board directors condone this? Do you have a sweet contract like this one? Amendment to Mt. Lebanon Superintendent's Contract Under terms of Dr. Steinhauer's contract, his salary increase for the 2017-2018 is 5.5%, resulting in a salary of $205,492.

I'm still debating how I am going to proceed with this. I am not getting any answers from anyone.

Update January 8, 2018 12:18 PM After all these years, the superintendent unblocked me from the @mtlsdsuper Twitter account.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call the ACLU -- they sent a letter to City of Pittsburgh Councilwoman Darlene Harris when she used her facebook page for city discussions and then blocked anyone with whom she disagreed. The ACLU took up the fight and has continued to monitor Darlene's actions. I don't see how this is any different.

Anonymous said...

Please stop. How could you possibly know Tim's raise for the 2018-2019 year? A crystal ball?
How do you dream this stuff up? Sad.

Lebo Citizens said...

OMG, I love this!!! I have a link to his amended contract in the post. It's right there, 10:14 PM.
Elaine

Unknown said...

Elaine, I just figured it out. The haters hate you because you have strong opinions backed up by many facts. That makes you dangerous. The haters themselves have strong opinions and little facts--they act and speak on a sense of privilege and entitlement. That makes them idiots.

Anonymous said...

I would not have been so kind with my reply, Elaine. 10:14 must be from "Just".

Anonymous said...

"Elaine, I can't stand you and hate it when you call out the nonsense in Lebo. How dare you. Just stop."
(takes the time to write a dumb comment and submit it; gets angry when others point out the stupidity; runs to their echo chamber to gripe about how mean Elaine is).

Lebo Citizens said...

Let them gripe. They can be anonymous here, but when they gripe in their private group, everyone knows who they are. The "housewives" will figure out what is going on.

I know many of the mean girls. Many went to school with my kids. I support their businesses. One was my neighbor and would not be caught dead admitting that she lived "in the ghetto."
Elaine

Anonymous said...

There is the "in crowd" here in Lebo and Tim's one of them. Mocking his silly tweets enrages him and the rest of them. You had to go.