Sunday, March 25, 2018

Exit Stage Left UPDATED 3/29/18

That's Conor Lamb at Saturday's March For Our Lives in Pittsburgh. He skedaddled when asked if he would support a ban on assault weapons.


Lamb, a former prosecutor and U.S. Marine Corps veteran, said on the campaign trail he wanted more effective background checks but not a ban on assault weapons. On Saturday, he wouldn’t discuss whether he would support such a ban as he alighted from the stage into a throng of people eager to greet him.


“I’m not here to talk to the media,” he said.

Read more: Marchers call for gun reform at Pittsburgh event

Conor Lamb, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, should watch this video.



Update March 27, 2018 2:41 PM Retired justice urges repeal of Second Amendment

Update March 28, 2018 6:11 PM Beth Tarasi dropped out. http://www.timesonline.com/news/20180327/tarasi-drops-out-of-congressional-race

Update March 29, 2018 10:49 AM Don't worry, President Trump. Not all Democrats want to repeal the Second Amendment. If we end up with Conor Lamb, you have one less Democrat to worry about.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare Conor sit with the dignitaries at yesterday's march in Pittsburgh. Of course, he would not talk to anyone. What can he say except for I support the public sale of assault weapons.

Lebo Citizens said...

When Dan Miller was president of the commission, interviews for junior commissioner were held publicly, as opposed to now, done privately. One young man made a reference to wanting to become a politician some day. Dan stopped him in his tracks by saying that the word "politician" has a negative connotation and that elected official or public servant is a much better way of referring to someone in office. Conor Lamb is a politician. He is being disingenuous to those who were attending the march.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

What about all those “progressive” zombies who volunteered on Lamb’s campaign? Because they are not true progressives they will continue to support Conor regardless of his unwillingness to work toward gun reform.
Are there any Democrats left in Mt. Lebanon?

Anonymous said...

11:55 You are so, so wrong. I voted for Conor Lamb because he was the more liberal of the two candidates. I saw him speak twice and was frustrated both times with his stance on gun reform legislation. He will not get my vote in November if there is a more progressive candidate.

Anonymous said...

Conor Lamb is a coward on guns. Will be interesting to see his position “evolve” now that it will be an issue in the primary.

Anonymous said...

1:19. I hope you are right. Conor has mesmerized a lot of Mt. Lebanon. I voted for him because he was the only Democratic horse in the race on Mar. 13. Now we have a choice among Dems in the May primary. Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Conor Lamb is NOT progressive.

Anonymous said...

Conor has no plans to evolve on the gun issue.

Lebo Citizens said...

I am starting to understand the comments about Conor Lamb running like a Republican. I am embarrassed by "Rick Santorum suggesting the teenagers would be better off learning CPR than marching, an idea that was rebutted by a multitude of medical professionals who pointed out that CPR doesn’t help with the treatment of gunshot wounds."* I am embarrassed by "Republican State Rep. Mary Franson of Minnesota spent Saturday evening posting a series of messages to Facebook comparing the Stoneman Douglas students leading the Never Again movement to the Hitler Youth."*

Today, I officially became a Democrat. My son told me that I just didn't understand that I was always a Democrat. But I think I am more of a Democrat than what I have been seeing here in Mt. Lebanon. The Democrats who were pushing the toxic turf - Isn't that bad for the environment? The Democrats supporting Conor Lamb who is unwilling to support gun reform - Has the NRA gotten to him too? The Democrats who brought "sharpshooting" to our community? What the hell? The Republicans embarrassed me and the Mt. Lebanon Democratic leaders are embarrassing themselves.

No wonder I was confused. Now I get what 11:55 AM was saying on March 25.
Elaine

*From Yahoo News