Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Leboleaks" Funding

I am trying to get as much of this uploaded as I can before tonight's meeting, since commissioners are learning about this stuff right along with everyone else.

On January 1, 2014, John Bendel emailed Dave Franklin and Tim White about a funding strategy for the turf project. He asked if either considered asking for a grant from the Mt. Lebanon Community Endowment (MLCE). I don't know anything about grants, but I thought I would share John Bendel's idea here.

The second email exchange is interesting (to me, at least). Dave Franklin wrote to Audrey (MLCE) about a proposed Project Fund Agreement. This agreement is one of the missing documents from my RTK. I copied the Office of Open Records (OOR) appeals officer, as instructed, when I sent my long list of missing documents to Steve Feller. In Franklin's note, he stated that the municipality will send a request for funds AFTER awarding the project. Donnellan clarified Franklin's statement by saying that the funds are needed PRIOR to awarding the project. John Bendel confirmed it. So there it is in writing, Folks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The MLCE is sort of like the Pittsburgh Foundation. They can hold the money that is raised.

I don't see any issue with them using the MLCE for fundraising purposes. It's actually the right thing to do.

I do not believe that the MLCE is the right vehicle to ASK for money, but the Green Grass Deniers could certainly use them as the holder of monies raised. That's the intended purpose after all.

Since I mentioned the one nickname, I think we should hold a contest for the best, most appropriate one. It shouldn't be personal (nobody's name in the title for instance).

Green Grass Deniers (GGDs)
Carbon Black Peddlers (CBP)
The Nylon Posse
Heat Island Posse (HIP)
Pulverized Rubber Junkies (PBJ)
Rubberized Infill Posse (R.I.P.)
Toxify Natural Assets (TNA)
MRSA Response Squad Association (MRSA)
Turf Toe Anonymous
The ACL Crew (TAC)
Can't Play Above 90 (CPA90)

Anyway, that's what I got after a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

I vote for "The Nylon Posse"

Anonymous said...

Another vote for the Nylon Posse.

Anonymous said...

I vote Joe Namath to be a lifetime member of the Nylon Posse.

Anonymous said...

I think they're all great - very creative and appropriate, 9:18 AM!
East to associate guilty parties with titles, however.

Anonymous said...

How about TAXED TO DEATH (TTD) so Dave Brumfield's kids can play lacrosse and swim year round. Same with Franklin!

Lebo Citizens said...

Why not "Franklin Involved Brumfield, Bendel, Silverman" (FIBBS)- Christmas edition. No L.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Comments from professional soccer coaches on turf from 3/10/14

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/soundersfc/2014/03/10/sigi-schmid-on-an-artificial-turf-controversy-its-not-like-one-is-better-than-the-other/

Professional soccer FC coach Sigi Schmid:

“Let me say this first, tell me which turf field is good in this league. There is no good turf field in this league".

"A good field is a good field. A grass field is ideal — a good grass field. A good turf field is not more dangerous than a bad grass field, necessarily".

“It takes more out of your body. I’m not going to disagree with that. It does take more out of your body. That’s why we train a lot on grass, and we try to avoid training on turf, because of those reasons. But it’s also a situation that at the end of the day, when you’re not used to it, it seems to take even a little out of you, per se. Certainly a guy with a chronic knee issue or something like that, yeah, it’s going to be tougher for them to play on turf than it is to play on grass, without a doubt.”

The Nylon Posse has no need for professional opinion, though...