Sunday, July 5, 2015

Welcome and thank you

Thank you for accepting my invite. I am sorry that I had to do this, but things were getting out of control. You wouldn't believe who were some of my more avid readers of this blog. Our tax dollars were paying the salaries of some pretty "high up" people on both sides of our local government. I have been looking at my tax bills and decided that it is time that our hard earned money not be used to pay public officials who have nothing better to do than read Lebo Citizens. All the hits were coming in during business hours. I have a problem with that. Unfortunately, everyone is now inconvenienced. Yes, readership will go down, but think of how productivity will go up in our local governments.

Our Public Information Office, for example, is paid to write ridiculous things on Facebook. Now, there is this job posting:






































Our overpaid PIO now needs a "Content Creator." Steve Feller has an intern, in addition to Bonnie Cross, Assistant to the Manager! I can't find the information at the moment, but going from memory, his intern is a 53 year old man from NJ. Don't quote me on that, but why does Steve Feller need an intern? We all know that Mt. Lebanon is not an equal opportunity employer. You must have connections for everything. Block parties, tree removal, field sports facilities, lack of disciplinary action with certain staff members, and even favorable assessments, are just some of the perks available to those in the "inner circle" of our community.

I would love to withhold some of my taxes in protest, but unfortunately, I cannot do that without being penalized. So this is the next best thing. My silent protest. Thank you for your patience, Lebo Citizen readers.

Update July 6, 2015 6:12 PM Other than the number of comments decreasing, nothing else has changed. I am still accepting anonymous comments. I bet it was a long work day today up at the municipal building.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Elaine, have you thought of applying for the position?

Let's see if they are truly equal opportunity employers.

Let's also see if they follow proper protocol in the application process as a PUBLIC hiring entity.

Your writing is better than any in MTL. $15/hr is a steal for us. This resident says hire Elaine.

Richard Gideon said...

Maybe it's me. Here's my experience in trying to make sense out of this "job" posting:

Applications are available at the Mt. Lebanon municipal center weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Applications and a detailed description are online at www.mtlebanon.org under "Government" "Employment Opportunities".

Only there is no "Employment Opportunities" selection. The closest I found was "Employment/Volunteer Info." If you hover over that selection you get a drop-down box of choices in which "Public Information Office Intern" is the only thing that comes close to something having to do with the subject of this thread; and that is NOT a paid position.

Perhaps someone who has found the posting on the municipal website can direct me to it. In the meantime, if this is an example of "public information" then I can see why the PIO is asking for help! But I have a better idea; eliminate the PIO completely and outsource the operation. Not only would this save tax dollars, but it would ensure that content was timely, accurate, and free from local favoritism.

Lebo Citizens said...

RG,
mtl Magazine wrote this on Facebook:

"mtl -- Mt. Lebanon Magazine The info will be on the website soon...check back!
Like · Reply · July 2 at 11:45am"

It is now July 6. Doesn't look like anytime soon.
Elaine

Unknown said...

If there was no Twitter or Facebook, what would the PIO do with all their free time?

Lebo Citizens said...

Instagram? Plan illegal block parties?
Elaine