Thursday, October 26, 2017

Attention Republicans in all wards

Now I understand why I am seeing CCRB signs with other "R" yard signs.  http://apps.alleghenycounty.us/website/Votedistricts/PDF_GEN/GEN%20(436).pdf

Do you realize that you are voting for Democrats? Elaine Cappucci is a Democrat. PLEASE don't vote for her thinking she is a Republican, even though she is listed as such under the Two Year Term for School Board Director. 

School Board Directors are allowed to cross file. 

Likewise, Mary D. Birks is not a Republican. Mary D. Birks is a Democrat. She is listed last, but if you vote straight Republican, you are voting for both of these women. 

Just going by some of the anonymous comments in prior posts, I think I made it pretty clear why we should not be wasting our votes on these two women. 

Republicans in Wards 2 and 4, voting straight R, will get you Charlotte Stephenson and Bob Fischer, but it will also be four votes for CCRB AND Cappucci for the Two Year Term. Please, please, please do not vote straight Republican. 

Did I say not to vote straight Republican? I think so, but if not, I repeat:

DO NOT VOTE STRAIGHT REPUBLICAN. Choose carefully! 

Democrats: Voting straight Democrat will get you Gorilla in Ward 4. Bob Fischer is the guy who should be your commissioner. Gorilla knows nothing about Mt. Lebanon. Ask him what boards or authorities he has been on. It will be a short answer.

Bottom line is to get out and vote on November 7, but PLEASE vote carefully. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please, vote for the person, not for the party.

Lebo Citizens said...

I bet Cappucci and Birks are laughing at the uninformed Mt. Lebanon Republicans who have CCRB signs planted in their yards. I thought that because Remely and Caste are running with Dems, that the MLRC was kicking Remely out. What happened? Did they kiss and make up?
Elaine

Anonymous said...

For those people that go into the voting booth and vote straight D or R, please wear a T-shirt that reads ‘Hi, I am clueless!’.

Anonymous said...

Wonder how many of those “Republicans” with Birks, Cappucci, Caste and Remely yard signs have any idea of what being republican means.

“I am a Republican because
I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
FINALLY, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.”

I’d like to see one of them explain how the BCCR candidates fulfill
“I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.”
and
“I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.”
Maybe they can file an RTK with Birks to get an answer.

Anonymous said...

Attention - republicans with Birks, Cappucci, Caste and Remely yard signs, the closest candidates with any sembalance of Republican Principles happen to be Riemer, Strotmeyer and Diamond. They’re the only ones remotely paying attention to the free spending fundraiser and supporting transparency and rational examination of turfing plans.

They also seem to be focused on academic performance