Thursday, October 26, 2017

Latest Right To Know filed

I wanted to share an email that I received this morning. I did file a RTK because names will need to be redacted and that means that I won't receive the emails until 35 days from now, after the election.

I understand you request a lot of right-to-know documents from the school board. Did you hear about the racist graffiti found in the high school kitchen on February 1? No? Because it was immediately covered up without a police report? Maybe you could ask for emails to the school board on February 5th from a concerned citizen which included photos as well as Mary Birks response on February 6th.

The majority of the school board did not know about the graffiti until this citizen brought it to their attention. Mary knew. She hadn't told them. Why is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I get the feeling that this isn't the first time Birks and Steinhauer haven't shared with the rest of the school board or noted something of this magnitude as an incident?

Lebo Citizens said...

Sorry I didn't approve this comment sooner, 8:11 AM. It was in the spam folder, and I just saw it. Let's blame Birks. ;)
Elaine