Sunday, September 13, 2015

Gearing up for the killing UPDATED

John Hayes certainly is. I can almost see the drool dripping down my laptop display as I read his latest article, For early season archery, use pre-rut tactics.

With the killing set to start in five days, I am prepared to post safety-related incidents that occur as a result of the archers and/or sharpshooters. If anyone has pictures or videos and specifics, email me at EGillen476@aol.com and I will upload them to this blog. If there are any descriptions, they can be submitted as a comment. People have volunteered to photograph tree stands. Thank you! All I have to do is give them the location. Those will also be added here. I will start my own archery incident report and pray that I have nothing to post.

Yard signs requests have not diminished. Considering that this will continue until the end of January, I see myself reordering yard signs again and again. The commissioners are the problem. They can also be the solution.

Update September 15, 2015 9:58 AM The archers are permitted to hunt 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. Want a sunrise/sunset time timetable by date? Click here. Sunset on Halloween is 6:18 PM. That means that archers will be hunting on private property up until 6:48 PM on Halloween. Trick or Treat starts at 6 PM.

No comments: