Tuesday, October 9, 2012

May I remind you, Ms. Linfante UPDATED 2x

Just had a heated exchange with my commissioner, Kristen Linfante at the microphone tonight. In fact, I left my recorder behind still recording and asked for it to be picked up after the meeting was over.

The topic? Deer culling. I reminded the commission of the firearm safety report and said that I would post it on lebocitizens.com.  I have blogged about it here. In my November 18, 2011 post I have been quiet about deer culling until now. , I shared some painful memories.

At tonight's discussion meeting which was continued after the regular commission meeting, I shared the story about the boy riding his bicycle through the park wearing a black hoodie during the deer culling. Ms. Linfante said that was my opinion.  I prevented an accident AND "THAT WAS MY OPINION."

Ms. Linfante compared Wildlife Services to our police force, who have used their guns in Mt. Lebanon. What an insult to our police force! Wildlife Services used biologists who, according to their own safety report, have shot themselves in the feet, shot out floor boards, and doors.  Read about it here on page 28 of the pdf.  http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_damage/nwrc/Safety_Review/content/Firearms_Report.pdf

This isn't the first time I have mentioned this report.  I sent a letter to the commissioners on May 30, 2012 and wrote about it here. An open letter to the commissioners As Dave Brumfield mentioned tonight as well as on May 29, 2012, you have not explored all options. What about the area which Dave referenced in Michigan? Will it work here? Who knows? We won't know unless we try it. But you are hell bent on a cull. No matter what. I will scan your presentation, Kristen and share it with my readers. Nice touch showing our tax dollars at work with the impaled deer on Mt. Lebanon Blvd.  How about sharing some photos of our tax dollars at work of the Lindendale deer found dead in someone's front yard after wandering 100 yards before it was discovered the next morning lying in a pool of blood?  I will scan your presentation and upload it here tomorrow.

Goodnight, Kristen.

Update October 10, 2012 4:59 AM As promised, Kristen Linfante's 2013 Deer Management Proposal Warning: Page 7 Impaled buck

Update October 10, 2012 6:08 PM All meeting podcasts have been uploaded on to lebocitizens.com. Heated exchange number one begins at the start of the Commission Meeting, during Citizens Comments. Heated exchange number two begins around 01:21:00 of Commission Discussion Session Part 3.

1 comment:

Lebo Citizens said...

How sad. I checked Kristen's blog and no sign of her presentation. Instead, you can watch a video where she tells us twice how she is a musician.
Elaine