Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Avoid Washington Road and Connor/Gilkeson Roads UPDATED

What a mess! Traffic lights are out at Mt. Lebanon Blvd. and Washington Roads, and Terrace and Connor Roads. Gilkeson Road is closed with fire trucks and police cars right by Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church and the Galleria. I see smoke too.

I hope it opens soon. I was on my way to our Greek Food Fair and the road is blocked in both directions.

There is a fire right in front of the Galleria.  I haven't heard if anyone was hurt on Gilkeson. Everyone is OK at the church. Unfortunately, no one is able to go up to the Food Fair.


Allegheny County (@Allegheny_Co)
Mt. Lebanon: 100 blk Gilkeson Rd - utility pole on fire. Gilkeson Rd shut down btwn Washington Rd (SR-19) & Cedar Blvd. Power outage in area











Update 7:35 PM Utility pole fire in Mt. Lebanon jams traffic, causes power outage

Update 8:28 PM According to the 8:23 PM LeboALERT:

This is an important notice from LeboALERT.


Gilkeson Rd is reopened to
traffic. Delays and restrictions will continue in the area while repairs are
made.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Lebo Citizens Alert Elaine. Good luck with your food fair.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine,

I also wanted to say thank you for posting this alert. I wasn't going that way but I'm glad someone cared enough to inform us of this emergency situation.

Nick M.

Lebo Citizens said...

Nick M. and all,
There was quite a spike in hits here during this time. I would like to thank Lebo Citizens readers for counting on the blog for information. Our Public Information Office finally issued a LeboALERT one hour and twelve minutes after my original post.

I appreciate all the personal emails of support that I have been receiving over the last couple days. Also, I want to thank the wonderful people who introduced themselves to me at the Holy Cross Food Fair during lunch yesterday. Your words of encouragement meant a lot to me. Thank you for reading Lebo Citizens and more importantly, thank you for supporting our food fair.
Elaine