Friday, January 8, 2016

Wait. What? UPDATED 2X

Email sent to Keith McGill and Commissioners at 5:29 AM this morning.

Keith and Commissioners, 
According to mtl Magazine, the archery program has concluded. Are you aware of that? This is the best news I have heard in a while. I hope it is true. 
Elaine Gillen
What I didn't question from the article:

There were residents who were injured or damaged. I, for one, couldn't look at a covered pickup truck without wondering how many dead deer were under the cover. I lost a huge amount of sleep. I had to go on antidepressants. I know I am not alone.

The woman cited for trespassing never tried to stop a hunter from removing dead deer carcasses. Can this be mentioned in the article, if the case is being appealed? I don't know since I am not a lawyer.

Are the commissioners really going to continue evaluating non-lethal means of controlling deer?

Lie, Lie, Lie. All lies.

Update January 8, 2016 9:46 AM OMG I guess it CAN get worse.

Keith,

Apologize for any confusion?I'm sorry, but you have to do better than that. What are you or the PIO going to do to eliminate the confusion and correct this extremely irresponsible oversight? 

Elaine


-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Mcgill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
To: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>
Cc: Commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; Susan Morgans <smorgans@mtlebanon.org>
Sent: Fri, Jan 8, 2016 8:12 am
Subject: Re: Wait. What?

Good morning Ms. Gillen,
The archery program is scheduled to conclude on January 23, 2016. The article you attached is from the January/February issue of the Magazine. In retrospect a better choice of wording would have been to simply reference the January 23rd date.
While I did not write the article, as the publisher of the magazine, I am ultimately responsible for review and approval of the content.
I apologize for any confusion.
Keith

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM, egillen476@aol.com <egillen476@aol.com> wrote:


Keith and Commissioners,

According to mtl Magazine, the archery program has concluded. Are you aware of that? This is the best news I have heard in a while. I hope it is true.

Elaine Gillen
--
Keith McGill, AICP
Municipal Manager/Municipal Planner
412-343-3684



Update January 8, 2016 1:54 PM

Good afternoon Ms. Gillen,

I wanted to provide you with an update on this issue. As of this email Ms. Morgans indicates as follows:

1) I rewrote the article on Lebomag.com (and included a lot of new information we did not have at the time we went to press. I then placed a post on Facebook directing people to the new and correct information on Lebomag.com and also provided a link to the reports on Facebook.

2) I had IT place a Clarification under Deer Management on the home page, noting that the magazine article was not correct and the the hunt would continue through the 23rd. I also directed people to the updated Lebomag story and the reports on the municipal website.

Thank you,

Keith

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that police were called in at least one incident and that shooting (firearms) was required to finish off wounded deer on a street well away from Robb Hollow park.
Perhaps the police can provide a statistic about the number of times they were needed to perform these services or were called to be present for same.

Unknown said...

You do know that they will claim that the deer had to be put down because it was involved in a vehicle accident. Like dead deer at 318 Hazel. On the sidewalk, on a bloody tarp, next to a pick-up truck, at 6 AM.

Unknown said...

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/tony-norman/2016/01/08/Tony-Norman-Gun-madness-should-bring-us-all-to-tears/stories/201601080155?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=editors-picks-opinion-frontpage&utm_campaign=Headlines-Newsletter

I am not posting this for political reasons. I don't know if the link is correct. It's Tony Norman's column today in the P-G about gun violence. There was another article kids and guns in today's P-G. I just sent that link to Elaine. No community deserves to be inundated with guns, especially by its own government. THAT is our platform. Or, should be.

Anonymous said...

It's all just so cruel. These people who call sterilization "stupid" before it's even been tried have no soul.

It's the "thrill" of the kill for them.

I just can't wrap my mind around that type of thinking.

Anonymous said...

Over 20 children. (18 and under) were killed by guns in Pittsburgh in 2015. PG had a map a few weeks ago and u could enter search functions. More were killed after the publication in mid Dec. That is a classroom in sum. Tasteless Mt Lebanon continues to celebrate death and killing as if animals are so different and guns in one place are so different from guns pointed at people.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Animals are not that different. They are living, breathing, sentient creatures who should not be used for target practice.

This is how the killer's feel manly.

The community is too densely populated and this is just screaming for an accident to happen.

Anonymous said...

It's obvious that someone received some erroneous information or went ahead on what they thought which would be grossly irresponsible. I would like to know who gave that information and have them held accountable.

Nick M.

Lebo Citizens said...

Nick, you know that nobody is ever held accountable. Susan Morgans gets away with every damn thing here.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

My gosh Elaine, you're right. What the heck was I thinking?

Nick M.

Galileo's daughter said...

Lena Horne
I agree with you 100%. Bringing loaded weapons into the community is not going to make it safer. This should definitely be the #1 argument.