Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Latest from my commissioner

From: Coleen Vuono <cvuono@mtlebanon.org>
To: egillen476 <egillen476@aol.com>; Keith Mcgill <kmcgill@mtlebanon.org>
Cc: Commission <commission@mtlebanon.org>; Philip Weis <philip.weis@bipc.com>; coleenvuono <coleenvuono@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 13, 2015 11:25 am
Subject: Re: Emails

Senior citizens in Mt. Lebanon know that they can place a phone call to their commissioners to voice their opinion on issues if they do not have access to the internet. I have received calls from Mt. Lebanon residents.
I base my decisions as a commissioner on what I consider to be in the best interests of the community after being informed by residents on both sides of issues. The deer issue is one of public safety.
I am in favor of a deer management program that includes sharpshooting, but that has not been the only issue I've been involved in.  Since I've been on the commission I've voted on many agenda items, I've proposed items for discussion that I think are important to Mt. Lebanon and I've been involved in other issues in the third ward.
In addition to my "life" I served for 4 years as a commissioner and recently served on the Planning Board and volunteered to complete the term of the previous third ward commissioner.
I support this community and have shown this in my civic engagement.
My personal life-the sale of my home-has nothing to do with you (even though you toured it during an open house-were you planning on moving?)
After tonight's vote I would hope that you would find a better way to spend your time than in creating controversy in this community.
Coleen Vuono 


On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:43 AM, 'egillen476@aol.com' via Commission <commission@mtlebanon.org> wrote:
Commissioners,

My phone has been ringing off the hook with senior citizens who do not have access to the Internet. They are unable to email you and tell you how they are on blood pressure medication and how upset they are with your current unmanaged program. They cannot fathom "sharpshooting" will follow through March 2016. 

Knowing how the commission operates, you will base your decision tonight on the volume of emails. You will use any means which justify your personal agendas. I am in the process of ordering more yard signs (fourth shipment), but "Not In My Yard" signs don't seem to carry the weight of emails, I'm learning. 

It is clear that my commissioner is the driving force behind the sharpshooting vote tonight. I tried to tell some of you how her intentions to serve on the commission were only to kill deer. After all, she "has a life," as she said during her interview in April. I imagine that the "Sale Pending" sign on her house will change to "Sold" after tonight's vote.

The Scott Township commissioners govern in the interest of public safety, and not make every divisive issue a competition, with the loudest group winning.

If you are keeping track, I am opposed to sharpshooting, bow hunting, corral and kill, or any other lethal means that come across your computer. I speak for the hundreds of people who have "Not In My Yard" signs in their yards.

Elaine Gillen



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if Coleen and her thugs vote in favor of sharpshooting tonight, I will definitely look for another way to spend my time. I won't go back to that contaminated well.

Unknown said...

Yes, Coleen, you and the commissioners have a duty to act in the best interest of the community. Public safety IS the issue where arrows and bullets are involved. In that case, regardless of the amount of emails received by either side of the argument, public safety demands that all killing must stop in Mt. Lebanon.

Anonymous said...

Mt. Lebanon is to be congratulated. It has the distance honor of being the community with the highest population density to sponsor deer killing on public and private properties within its borders.

Anonymous said...

I meant distant honor. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

No, this computer continue to make distinct into distant. I mean distinct. Now I will shut up.

Anonymous said...

what's the numbers?

Anonymous said...

Coleen Vuono...Ph: 412-862-5422

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe the white-tailed deer is the state animal. I have to keep reminding myself.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately there are some less than intelligent people who are afraid of being attacked or getting lyme disease from our beautiful state animal. And let's not forget the tulips....their only solution is the violent one.

Barbara S. said...

I wouldn't recommend calling anyone up at 4:00 AM to complain about anything, and I certainly wouldn't mess with THAT one! She'd be filing harassment charges before you can put down your phone. There is a Judge over all the Earth, and He's keeping true and accurate accounts... BTW, they're HIS deer!!!