Thursday, October 8, 2015

Robb Hollow Park

Take a drive along Kelso and Robb Hollow, and you will see a slew of "Not In My Yard" signs. The following email is from one of those concerned residents. This is Steve Silverman's ward. At commission meetings, he likes to tell us that his ward is overwhelmingly in favor of "doing something about the deer." He then follows with, "Kristen Linfante said the same thing about her ward." I walked the same 71 streets of Ward 3, when I was running for commissioner, and deer rarely came up in the conversation. They lie.

To: ssilverman <ssilverman@mtlebanon.org>; kfraasch <kfraasch@mtlebanon.org>; rsukal <rsukal@mtlebanon.org>; ddonnellan <ddonnellan@mtlebanon.org>; mlpdmgt <mlpdmgt@mtlebanon.org>
Sent: Wed, Oct 7, 2015 12:48 pm
Subject: Robb Hollow Park

All:

Last Tuesday evening I called the police about activity in the park after dark.  There was a (as I observed later) 4 door Jeep with extremely bright off-road lights that appeared to be trapped behind the gate trying to get out.  At first I thought that it was a authorized deer assassin waiting for the rain to quit but it was well after the 30 minutes after dark and when three to four others showed up, I called the police.  Some of the gang disappeared then re-appeared about 45 minutes later.  It looked like they were cutting the lock and/or chain with bolt cutters.  The gate opened and everyone left prior to the police arriving.  The officer must have passed them on the way down Kelso, it was that close.

Oddly, the gate was relocked (I heard the officer banging the gate and I checked the next morning) and the officer didn't stop to talk to me.

Fast forward to last night.   At approximately 6:30 PM, I noticed that the gate was open.  Since it was daylight, I figured whatever.  Unfortunately, the gate was still open this morning.

All this leads to several questions.

1.  Is the gate going to be left open permanently?  Given the history of juveniles loitering after the park closes, that's probably not a good idea.

2. How am I supposed to identify friend or foe, authorized deer assassin or poacher, legal or illegal activity?

Even leaving my personal opinions out of the discussion, it seems there is no control over who is or what is going on in this park that is so close to me, I'm within arrow range of anyone around the gate.

Please enlighten me and my elderly parents what to do.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

************

Here is more evidence of the propaganda that spews from the Public Information Office. american girls What a humanitarian. She is the one who wanted a park in Ward 1 and ended up with Twin Hills, plus is the one who said that the deer must be killed because they are going to die anyway. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May not be the best thread but at 9:05pm on Thursday 10/8, we just heard a gunshot from inside our house in the Hoover area. Tough to tell but seemed to come from Robb Hollow direction. Anyone else here anything?
Folks certainly feel safe, eh?

Lebo Citizens said...

Please call 9-1-1. I will add this to the incident report on lebocitizens.com.
Elaine